GENERAL REGULATIONS GOVERNING ALL TESTS
1. Machines may be tested on the request in writing of the manufacturer/accredited importers referred to as “Applicant” herein-after.
2. Tests will be carried out at the discretion of the Incharge of the testing center, herein-after referred to as “Testing Authority” to whom application on prescribed form may be addressed.
3. All the tests will be conducted as per relevant BIS Test Code. If for any machine/ component the BIS test code is not available, the test procedure shall be framed by the Testing Authority whose decision shall be final. 4. The test fee whatever applicable will be intimated to the applicant who will deposit it in advance through a bank draft drawn on the bank communicated to applicant.
5. All charges on account of test fee including service tax, stores, fuel, oils, lubricants, spare parts, general stores, workshop charges, other items as laid down by the Ministry of Agriculture, labour, over-heads, input cost incurred during the test shall be borne by the Applicant.
6. If the tests are carried out at a place other than the premises of testing center, all transportation charges to and from the place of test, travelling allowance/daily allowance of the staffs, land and input cost if any, any kind of cost involved at the time of testing etc. shall be borne by the Applicant.
7. The machinery will be delivered by the applicant at the testing Institute on his cost.
8. If the machine is withdrawn from test, written permission of the Testing Authority will have to be obtained. In such case test fee plus all other expenditure as indicated above for test conducted shall be charged. Entire test fee paid shall be forfeited in the event of withdrawal from test.
9. The testing charges as and when revised by the Government shall have to be paid by the Applicant from the date of their applicability, even if after completion of the test, till the draft test report has not been released.
10. Parts of assemblies of machines worn out or damaged during test shall be replaced/ repaired by the Applicant free of cost within the time specified by the Testing Authority.
11. In case some parts are required by the Testing Authority for destructive tests, these shall be arranged free of cost by the Applicant.
12. In case, any services are provided by the Testing Authority, these will be charged for.
13. The cost of fixtures etc. which are not normally available at the Institute and which are found necessary for working of the machine under test and all special stores items shall be borne by the Applicant.
14. Parts and assemblies of machines worn out or damaged during the test may be handed over at the discretion of the Testing Authority only after the test report has been released.
15. The applicant will make his own arrangements to collect back the machine within one month of intimation by the Testing Authority. If the applicant fails to remove the machine in this period, the applicant will be liable for payment of ground rent as fixed by the Testing Authority for a period not exceeding four months. After the expiry of 3 months, one month notice will be served on the applicant by the Testing Authority. If the applicant fails to remove the machine within this period, the machine will become the property of the Institute and may be disposed off by auction at the discretion of the Testing Authority.
16. If any un-patented machine or a machine in respect of which a proper application for patents has not been duly made, is submitted for test, it will not be published or disclosed to the public by the testing center and the matter will be treated as confidential so that the right of the inventor or a person claiming through him to get a patent for a machine is not prejudiced.
17. If, in the course of testing a machine/component, any invention and/or developments originate from the officers of the testing center, the Government may at the discretion take out separate patents to protect the subject matter invented and/or developed.
18. If the test on a machine submitted for confidential test have been conducted as per relevant commercial test procedure in all respects, then on the request in writing of the applicant, the Testing Authority, after satisfying himself may permit conversion of nature of test from “Confidential” to “Commercial”.